Welcome to the New Zealand Diploma in Systems Administration (Level 6).
Following this one year New Zealand diploma course you will be able to:
This course leads into the LEVEL 7 DIPLOMA IN CLOUD MANAGEMENT. For more information, please call 0800 529 7523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who are serious about their IT career, we’ve designed the Level 6 Diploma in Systems Administration. These learners are among our best and can typically slide into any organisation, right away. Ideal for anyone wanting to become a Network Architect.
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this qualification; however, learners enrolling are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications:
• New Zealand Diploma of Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5) or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
International students must have an appropriate level of English proficiency for the level at which they intend to study – IELTS Academic score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5
Applicants must be 18 years or older
DOMESTIC TUITION FEE: $9,335
INTERNATIONAL TUITION FEE: $17,000.00
The course fees for the Diploma in Systems Administration are fixed for 2020. Over 90% of our students will arrange a student loan from Study-link to pay for this. We can help you arrange this if required.
Techtorium is one of New Zealands highest performing IT training providers. As an NZQA Category 1 Provider, all students have access to student loans via the Studylink Student Loan scheme.
Below is an outline of the course start dates. These are subject to change.
|Term Dates||Start Date|
|2020 Term 1||3 February 2020|
|2020 Term 2||28 April 2020|
|2020 Term 3||20 July 2020|
|2020 Term 4||12 October 2020|
If it is your very first time coming to Techtorium on a full-time course, you will need to attend an induction before the Term starts.
This qualification provides a pathway to further specialisation through industry specific training, for example, IT Security. At Techtorium, this qualification leads you to Level 7 Cloud Management.
This qualification provides an education pathway from:
* New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5)
We have a team of Indsutry Pathways Managers who’s primary role is to bridge the gap between our New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology and the IT industry.
For our Level 6 graduates, gaining employment as an entry level engineer is paramount. We pride ourselves on having the best connections in the industry, and being able to provide the industry with technically sound, hard-working, and certified graduates. Here are just a few of the roles you could gain:
• Network Administrator
• IT Systems Engineer
• Systems Administration
• Network and Systems Engineer
The purpose of this course:
The purpose of this qualification is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who have attained a range of professional and technical skills in a specialist area within Information Technology support. It will prepare people for employment as either a systems administrator or desktop analyst in a support environment, or to proceed to further study. This qualification builds on the common core of Level 6 skills, and generalist skills developed at Level 5, or equivalent relevant experience.
Graduates will be capable of carrying out systems administration, and providing related advice and support, using skills that will be internationally relevant. They will also be able to operate within an organisation with appropriate professional standards and practice, both independently and as part of a team.
Businesses, organisations and communities will benefit from having IT Professionals who are qualified in the management of client software and systems, in all sectors of the economy and society.
Students who complete this course will be able to demonstrate broad technical and theoretical knowledge of hardware and software, networks and network administration, internet security and forensics, and windows operating systems. Students will also be able to select and apply solutions to everyday IT problems as well as demonstrate responsibility for the management, learning and performance outcomes of others within the IT industry. Graduates will also have knowledge to:
– Implement a range of technologies for systems and network services to meet organisational requirements.
– Plan and implement automated system and application software deployment to support efficient organisational operations.
– Plan, implement, and manage a directory service to meet organisational requirements.
– Analyse a range of options and implement a solution to meet organisations data storage requirements.
– Implement a server-based virtualisation infrastructure to support organisational requirements.
– Analyse organisational requirements, implement a solution, and administer infrastructure for remote network access.
– Manage and administer a messaging and collaboration service to meet organisational requirements.
– Write scripts to automate standard system procedures.
– Apply IT service management and change management processes and procedures to comply with organisational requirements.
– Behave with integrity as a responsible Information Technology professional to contribute positively to society.
– Apply communication, information design, personal, and interpersonal skills, clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes in an organisational environment.
– Apply project management tools and techniques to an IT related project to analyse and solve problems.
The enrolment process is quite simple. If you have decided that you want to join us here at Techtorium, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.techtorium.ac.nz/online-application/ and complete the Online Application Form.
2. One of our Pathways Managers will be in touch to arrange a time for you to interview with the Principal.
3. If you are passionate about IT and if you meet the pre-requisites, you will be accepted onto the course.
4. Complete Enrolment Form