All prospective candidates are required to have completed the Level 6 NZ Diploma in System Administration or an equivalent Level 6 qualification.
- Mature applicants will be considered for a position on the course based on their interest in a career change to computer engineering.
- Equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- International students must have an appropriate level of English proficiency for the level at which they intend to study – IELTS Academic score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5
- Age: Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Below is the outline of the course dates. These are subject to change:
- Term 2 2021 - 3rd May 2021
- Term 3 2021 - 26th July 2021
- Term 4 2021 - 18th October 2021
We have a team of Industry Pathways Managers whose primary role is to bridge the gap between our Diploma in Cloud Management and the IT industry.
- System Engineer
- Cloud Support Technician
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Technical Business Analyst
- Messaging Engineers
This Level 7 Diploma Course is a highly specialized course that aims to qualify students in Cloud & Server Infrastructure.
Following this one-year diploma course you will be able to:
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND GRADUATE PROFILE
- Implement Cybersecurity best Practice
- Design, Install and Configure Private Cloud: Data protection, automation, management, and monitoring
- Apply Private Cloud Service Management
- Implement Architecture Principles and Network Design
- Implement Network Discovery and Asset Management
- Produce Enterprise level documentation
- Implement Automation including Onboarding and Offboarding
- Provision IaaS, PaaS, SaaS-based solutions
- Provision Microsoft 365 Solutions including Azure AD
- Design and Implement Enterprise Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange
- Design and Implement Enterprise Collaboration Solutions with Microsoft SharePoint
- Provision Public Cloud solutions that include Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Implement Software Defined Networks and Virtualisation Technologies
- Provide Enterprise Deployment and Management Solutions with Microsoft System Centre
- Provide Application Packaging and Deployment Solutions
- Adapt and Apply Project Management Methodologies
Students who complete this Level 7 Diploma are prepared for careers as System Engineers, Cloud Support Technicians, Cloud Architects, Messaging Engineers, and other similar job roles. These roles fall under a number of different job titles, but the functional roles are involved in designing, implementing and supporting server infrastructures.
The achievement of a Diploma in Cloud Management (Level 7) demonstrates that the holder has:
- Specialist knowledge to analyse and generate solutions to complex problems in the server, cloud storage, and messaging environments.
- Analysed, adapted, and applied specialised processes to analyse IT Infrastructures and generate enterprise-wide solutions.
- Advanced storage specialist knowledge to be applied in the design and implementation of storage solutions
- Developed advanced skills and specialist knowledge of cloud and server environments.
- Real-world experience in working with different teams on projects.
- Acquired advanced design and implementation skills through real-life project scenarios.
- Acquired strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to apply project management methodologies and practices.