Welcome to the New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Level 5).
Following this one year New Zealand diploma course you will be able to:
This course leads directly to the second year of our Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Software Development
This course will have its first intake in 2019. For more information, please call 0800 529 7523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Level 5 Diploma in Information Systems is designed to help our learners gain the working knowledge and basic understanding of Data Modelling and Software Development. It’s perfect for anyone wanting to become a Junior Software Developer
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this qualification; however, learners enrolling are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications:
• NCEA Level 2 or 3 with credits in mathematics or digital technologies
• Any other IT Diploma with core subjects in Digital Technologies
International students must have an appropriate level of English proficiency for the level at which they intend to study – IELTS Academic score of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5
DOMESTIC TUITION FEE: $9,335 COURSE COST: $350
From 1 January 2018, tertiary education will be fees-free for eligible first time tertiary students:
People who are citizens, or a resident in NZ for at least 3 years, or refugees and;
Have been enrolled at school in 2017 or 2018 or have not undertaken previous full-time tertiary study of more than half a year, except while they were at school.
Check if you are eligible here
INTERNATIONAL TUITION FEE: $17,000.00
The course fees are fixed for 2018. Over 90% of our students will arrange a student loan from Study-link to pay for this. We can help you arrange this if required.
Techtorium is one of New Zealands highest performing IT training providers. As an NZQA Category 1 Provider, all domestic students have access to student loans via the Studylink Student Loan scheme.
Below is an outline of the course dates for the Diploma in Software Development. These are subject to change. For more information please call 0800 529 7523
|Term Dates||Start Date|
|2019 Semester 1 |||4 February 2019|
|2019 Semester 2 |||29 April 2019|
New full-time students are required to attend an induction at Techtorium before the Term starts.
The qualification provides a pathway to a specialist Information Systems qualification. This may include:
* New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Level 6) with strands in Business Analysis, User Experience, IT Project Management, Information Systems Innovation [Ref: 2603]
* New Zealand Diploma in Database Administration (Level 6) [Ref: 2602]
Other possible pathways include under-graduate degree qualifications. This qualification may also equip learners to attempt optional industry certifications at the appropriate level and area of specialty.
Learners enrolling are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
* NCEA Level 2 or 3
* New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3) [Ref: 2592]
* New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Advanced User) (Level 4) [Ref: 2593]
* New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4) [Ref: 2594]
* New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5) [Ref: 2595]
* other relevant Level 4 qualifications e.g. New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) [Ref: 2461]
We have a team of Employment Pathways Managers who’s primary role is to bridge the gap between our New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology and the ICT industry.
For our Level 5 graduates, gaining employment as an entry level engineer is paramount. We pride ourselves on having the best connections in the industry, and being able to provide the industry with technically sound, hard-working, and certified graduates. Here are just a few of the roles you could gain:
Students who have completed this computer course will be able to demonstrate broad technical and theoretical knowledge of hardware, software and methods of programming as well as methods of analysing needs, costs and benefits. Students will also be able to select and apply solutions to everyday IT problems as well as demonstrate responsibility for the management, learning and performance outcomes of other within the IT industry. Other key learning outcomes include:
. Consult with management, staff and customers on how work is done in an organisation
. Design computer solutions to improve organisation efficiency and productivity
. Write functional requirements for computer systems using models and diagrams
. Work out the new systems’ requirements and specifications
. Decide if computers or new softwares applications are required.
. Make cost estimates and business cases for different software options
. Oversee the system’s development including design, choice of hardware and computer programs.
The purpose of this course:
The purpose of this qualification is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who have attained a broad understanding of the core concepts and practical skills in Information Systems (IS), with a Business Analysis focus . It will equip people for employment in roles such as Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Writer and Project management.
Graduates will have an awareness of the IT environment and Software Development life cycle, appreciate the needs of users and business owners, and be able to provide IT project management support. They will also be able to operate within the applicable professional standards and practice, as part of a team, or independently with a broad level of supervision.
Businesses, organisations and communities will benefit by having IT Professionals with technical support skills that will be internationally relevant.
– Apply core project management skills to contribute to an information technology (IT) related project.
– Apply core business modelling skills to information systems development.
– Apply core skills in user experience, human computer interaction and user interface design to information systems design.
– Apply core skills in data modelling, database concepts and database management as part of a team to create systems that meet organisational requirements.
– Produce technical documentation for a variety of applications and audiences using different media to enhance system development, usage and maintenance.
– Support the building and deployment of software systems to meet organisational requirements.
– Apply the fundamentals of IT technical support concepts and practice to manage hardware and software resources to meet organisational requirements.
– Apply the fundamentals of interaction design concepts and practice to enhance interface design.
– Apply the principles of software development to create simple working applications.
– Apply professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices in a socially responsible manner as an emerging IT professional.
– Apply communication, personal and interpersonal skills to enhance effectiveness in an IT role.
– Use problem-solving and decision-making techniques to provide innovative and timely Information Technology outcomes.
The enrolment process is quite simple. If you have decided that you want to join us here at Techtorium, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.techtorium.ac.nz/enrolment and complete the Online Application Form.
2. One of our Pathways Managers will be in touch to arrange a time for you to interview with the Principal.
3. If you are passionate about IT and if you meet the pre-requisites, you will be accepted onto the course.
4. Complete Enrolment Form
This qualification may be awarded by any education organisation with an approved programme towards this qualification accredited under section 250 of the Education Act 1989.
The graduate will be awarded the qualification by the education organisation when the accredited and approved programme has been successfully completed.
The formal document certifying the award of this qualification will display the full qualification title, date of award, the NZQF logo and may also include the name and/or logo of the qualification developer or programme owner or other awarding education organisation.