06 May Head of Tertiary Pathways
Techtorium is New Zealands leading IT Institute with a thriving, culturally diverse community in the heart of Newmarket. Here at Techtorium we are innovative and always seeking to be better. We wrap what we do around the needs of our students and we value people, their journey, their experience, and their unique individuality. We are the leaders in IT Education!
About the role
This role is about enabling all New Zealanders to realise their IT career aspirations. In this role, we are seeking someone that is customer and relationship focused, tenacious and performance driven. As a member of the Techtorium Leadership Team you will guide the formation of the Tertiary Pathways Strategy and you will lead the Tertiary Pathways function ensuring that valuable stakeholder relationships result in strong participation across all introductory and fulltime IT diploma courses.
Head of Tertiary Pathways responsibilities:
- Initiate demand gen’ activities through regular, face-to-face contact with stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the Tertiary Pathways function ensuring that all direct reports are focused on the objectives.
- Create and execute the Tertiary Pathways Strategy in alignment with the wider business objectives and our purpose.
- Initiate the Tertiary Pathways go-to-market and channel marketing initiatives, driving brand awareness for Techtorium across key segments (including secondary schools and the community) via events and other stakeholder engagement initiatives.
- Lead the progression from secondary school to tertiary education at Techtorium.
- Initiate the tertiary sales funnel process so that it is effective, and so that all stakeholders understand the course/product offering and the Techtorium value proposition.
- You have experience in a similar role within the tertiary education sector.
- You have knowledge of the New Zealand education sector (Secondary and Tertiary) and an existing network of relationships within the secondary school environment.
- You are passionate about technology and have a good understanding of Cloud Engineering, Cyber Security, and Software Development careers.
- You have an ability to forge strong stakeholder relationships and an eagerness to manage a portfolio of stakeholders through events, presentation and meetings.
- Your are confident initiating thought-leadership in relation to careers in IT and you want to help educate schools and community leaders in IT pathways.
- You are a critical thinker – able to reflect on a variety of possible solutions to business issues, and able to not only think outside the box; but deliver on those ideas
- You are innovative and creative, and you are a confident leader and capable user of technology.
To apply you must have:
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written
- Passion for people, technology and education
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with a natural ability to connect authentically and build strong relationships in a culturally diverse environment
Start date: ASAP for the right candidate.
Apply now or for further information in strict confidence, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org