You must submit hard copies of supporting documents with your Techtorium application. If you apply online you will need to send these documents to us as soon as possible after completing your online application. If you apply on a paper application form, send the documents in with your application form.
Please provide a hard copy of the following documents to Techtorium. Do not send originals, send a legally certified photocopy. Find out how to certify your documents below.
1. Eligibility to study as a domestic student
You are eligible to study at Techtorium as a domestic student if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen or holder of a residence class visa
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- A holder of a birth certificate with place of birth stated as Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau
- Applying under refugee status
In order to prove your eligibility to study at Techtorium, we require certain documentation by law. This is very important and must be done in order to process your application. You will need to supply a certified copy, not an original, of one of the following documents:
New Zealand citizen
- New Zealand birth certificate.
- New Zealand passport.
- Certificate of New Zealand citizenship or letter of confirmation.
- A statement of Whakapapa, stating your full name, date of birth and countersigned by a Kaumātua or notable member of the Māori community. Note: this form of evidence is acceptable only when an applicant cannot obtain a birth certificate. Both the applicant and a Kaumātua must sign the Whakapapa as evidence of identity and citizenship.
- Birth certificate with place of birth stated as Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau.
Holder of a New Zealand residence class visa
- Passport with a New Zealand permanent resident visa or resident visa. You will also need to write your country of citizenship in the space provided.
Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Australian birth certificate.
- Australian passport.
- Passport with an Australian permanent residence stamp.
- Document from New Zealand Immigration Service as evidence of your application for refugee status. Please note: if you are applying under refugee status, you are only eligible to apply for English language courses.