* Graduates from our Level 5 New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems will be able to join the 2nd year of this Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Software Development
Welcome to the New Zealand Diploma in Software Development (Level 6). Following this New Zealand diploma course (Diploma in Software Development) you will be able to:
Students will work collaboratively on a Capstone Project.
Using Agile project management methodology, teams of students will apply their critical thinking, business logic, project planning and management skills to design, develop and deliver their final year project.
For more information on the Diploma in Software Development, please call 0800 529 7523 or email email@example.com
The Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Software Development qualification is designed for people seeking to focus on one or more application domains, such as general Application Development, Web Development, Games Development, and Mobile Applications Development.
There are no mandatory prerequisites for the Diploma in Software Development; however, learners enrolling are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications:
• NCEA Level 2 or 3 with credits in mathematics or digital technologies
• Any other IT Diploma with core subjects in Digital Technologies
International students must have an appropriate level of English proficiency for the level at which they intend to study – IELTS Academic score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5
Applicants must be 18 years or older
DOMESTIC TUITION FEE: $9,335 for one year
INTERNATIONAL TUITION FEE: $17,000.00
The course fees for the Diploma in Software Development are fixed for 2020. Over 90% of our students will arrange a student loan from Study-link to pay for this. We can help you arrange this if required.
Techtorium is one of New Zealands highest performing IT training providers. As an NZQA Category 1 Provider, all students have access to student loans via the Studylink Student Loan scheme. For more information on how to apply for a Studylink Student Loan with Techtorium, please click here.
Below is an outline of the course dates for the Diploma in Software Development. These are subject to change. For more information please call 0800 529 7523
|Term Dates||Start Date|
|2020 Semester 1||9 February 2021|
|2020 Semester 2||26 July 2021|
New full-time students are required to attend an induction at Techtorium before the Term starts.
Graduates of this qualification may progress to a computing degree, or specialised qualification such as software testing or software security.
This qualification may also equip learners to attempt optional industry certifications at the appropriate level and area of specialty. This qualification may provide an education pathway from:
We have a team of Employment Pathways Managers whose primary role is to bridge the gap between our New Zealand Diploma in Software Development and the IT industry.
Software developers may progress to become senior developers, software architects, or IT managers.
Software developers can specialise in the development, maintenance or enhancement of certain programs and software. They can also work in a range of areas including:
Students who have completed this computer course will have the skills and knowledge to enter employment in development or testing roles, in a range of organisational contexts. These roles may require fundamental coding, scripting, and testing skills, and are less likely to require significant architecture and design skills.
Graduates may also be employed in other roles that use programming skills, such as teaching, small business projects; or be self-employed. Other key learning outcomes include:
The purpose of this course:
The purpose of this qualification is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with graduates who have attained a range of Information Technology (IT) knowledge, specialist practices and technical skills in software development. It will prepare people for employment in an entry-level developer or tester role in a range of organisational contexts, or to proceed to further study.
The qualification is designed for people seeking to focus on one or more application domains, such as general Application Development, Web Development, Games Development, and Mobile Applications Development.
Graduates will be capable of operating within applicable professional standards and practice both as part of a team and independently under broad supervision. They will contribute to software development in Aotearoa New Zealand, and be internationally relevant.
Businesses, organisations and communities will benefit from having graduates with programming skills including software design, coding, and testing, in all sectors of the economy and society.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
– Analyse requirements, design and document software solutions for a range of problems in an organisational context.
– Write and maintain programs using design patterns, data structures and algorithms to meet specifications.
– Apply a range of software quality assurance techniques to verify correctness of systems.
– Apply data management and storage technologies to support the software application and the development process.
– Establish application security by integrating security principles throughout software development to ensure system integrity.
– Choose, justify and apply architecture, technologies, and tools, to implement the software solutions.
– Apply IT technical support concepts and practice to manage hardware and software resources to meet organisational requirements in a software development context.
– Apply project management tools and techniques to an IT related project, to analyse and solve problems.
– Behave with integrity as a responsible Information Technology professional to contribute positively to society.
– Apply communication, information design, personal, and interpersonal skills, clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes in an organisational environment.
The enrolment process is quite simple. If you have decided that you want to join us here at Techtorium on the Diploma in Software Development, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.techtorium.ac.nz/online-application/ and complete the Online Application Form.
2. One of our Pathways Managers will be in touch to arrange a time for you to interview with the Principal.
3. If you are passionate about IT and if you meet the pre-requisites, you will be accepted onto the course.
4. Complete Enrolment Form